We are proud to announce the release of our new service offering, Containerized Application Platform Accelerator, a fast, easy way to test drive your containerized application on public cloud.
Why did we do it?
Almost all of our customers are interested in leveraging containerization, Kubernetes, and CI/CD pipelines to automate the deployment and hosting of their infrastructure on public cloud infrastructure. And many are choosing AWS as their platform of choice. Foghorn wanted to leverage our years of experience, helping companies to quickly and easily run a proof of concept with their existing containerized application on AWS.
How does it work?
Just sign up, and Foghorn will spin up all of the cloud and devops tooling needed in your existing account. Foghorn has fully automated the provisioning process, so we are in and out in just a few hours, and pending approval from AWS Marketplace, you will be able to do everything yourself, straight from your console.
After the environment is spun up, it will be running a sample application. Replacing the sample application with yours will be as simple as adding your application code and dockerfile to the code repository, and triggering a build. Let the testing begin!
What is included?
Proofs of concept environments like these are designed to be lightweight, but we still have incorporated plenty of functionality, including:
- A best practice Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network environment for secure testing
- An EKS cluster running the latest supported version of Kubernetes
- An application load balancer to be used as a scalable endpoint to reach your application
- An S3 bucket to store static assets
- An RDS compatible Database server
- Security groups which restrict traffic to least permission between layers
- A preconfigured CodeCommit code repository to store your application code
- A preconfigured CodeBuild pipeline to build your application container
- A preconfigured CodeDeploy pipeline to deploy your containerized application to the platform
- Shared File Storage using EFS
- Secrets management
- Database Caching Layer
How much will this set my budget back?
We’ve got good news and better news. First, the good news. Since we’ve automated this entire service offering, the cost is a fraction of what you would pay your own team or a consultancy to do this manually.
But the better news is that your workload may qualify for AWS and Foghorn subsidies, which could reduce the cost to a big fat zero. Want to learn more? Contact us today.