From the US Government’s $10 Billion Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) contract drama to the merits of Azure’s new logo, the Gents at The Cloud Pod share and discuss the latest news on AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Check out the entire episode here or wherever you enjoy podcasts:
Courtesy of The Cloud Pod, here are some news of the week highlights as referenced in the podcast.
Amazon Web Services
- AWS announces a price reduction for Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) announces pricing change for VPC Peering.
- AWS Organizations launches a new console experience.
- AWS announces IAM Access Control for Apache Kafka on Amazon MSK.
- AWS Systems Manager now includes Incident Manager to resolve IT incidents faster.
- AWS Local Zones are now open in Boston, Miami and Houston.
- Amazon now lets you create Microsoft SQL Server Instances of Amazon RDS on AWS Outposts.
Google Cloud Platform
- Google announces Agent Assist for Chat is now in Preview.
- Google releases a handy new Google Cloud, AWS and Azure product map.
- Browse and query Google Cloud Spanner databases from Visual Studio Code.
- Azure releases a new logo.
- Multiple new features for Azure VPN Gateway are now generally available.
- Enabling Azure Site Recovery while creating Azure Virtual Machines is now generally available.
- The next installment of the low code development series is now available.