Foghorn Consulting is hiring a Technical Project Manager located in the San Francisco Bay Area. In this leadership role, you will work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate architects and engineers to deliver technology solutions to Foghorn customers. You will be responsible for leading global teams in the delivery of complex infrastructure, public, private and hybrid cloud solutions that leverage DevOps and Automation practices and technologies.
We are obsessed with adding value and providing unprecedented levels of customer service, so you should be as well!
- Work closely with Foghorn and Client architects, engineers, stakeholders and executives to deliver complex technology solutions that produce business value
- Drive projects to success while taking accountability for the outcome and overcoming challenges and obstacles in the process
- Although you facilitate the process of driving to success, you aren’t satisfied being an administrator and are excited to take accountability for projects in which your team members have other responsibilities and managers
- Understand and communicate how the projects you manage will deliver business value
- Ability to problem solve and lead teams towards creative solutions to ensure that budget, schedule, scope and quality are all managed for success
- Conduct executive updates and stakeholder meetings to ensure that corporate sponsorship is in line with the project charter and ongoing status
- Manage and maintain standard project tools and templates including project schedule, issues logs, risk summary, status reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Communicate project status to all levels of corporate personnel to ensure expectations are clearly maintained
- 5+ years of experience managing large scale IT infrastructure projects through all phases of the delivery methodology from charter to deployment to cutover
- 5+ years of experience managing the cutover phase of mission critical IT infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to communicate to all levels of corporate enterprise personnel from technologist to CxO
- Highly proficient with MS Project and MS Excel
- Ability to create a work breakdown structure (WBS) from a blank slate
- Strong technical background enabling you to work closely with technologists to define and manage the technical tasks required for project success
- Experience managing IT infrastructure projects that leverage technologies such as AWS, MS Azure, VMware vRealize suite, MS Hyper-V and System Center, Cisco, NetApp, etc.
- Experience managing IT infrastructure projects in the areas of data center transformation, cloud migrations, disaster recover, applications migrations, etc.
- Ability to manage vendors as part of the project core team
- Keen focus on customer service and an understanding that IT must provide business value
- PMP certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
APPLY to email@example.com
OF THE CLOUD.