Senior DEVOPS ENGINEER
Foghorn Consulting is hiring a Cloud Architect located in the San Francisco Bay Area. In this role, you will work closely with a Foghorn Consulting is hiring a DevOps Engineer located in the San Francisco Bay Area. In this role, you will work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate architects and engineers to deliver automated infrastructure and DevOps solutions to Foghorn customers. You will be responsible for implementing and administering Linux systems environments as well as automating the system/application deployment pipeline to help Foghorn customers engineer scalable sites.
We are obsessed with adding value and providing unprecedented levels of customer service, so you should be as well!
- Work closely with AWS and infrastructure architects to design, implement and manage secure, scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure environments for Foghorn customers
- Assist Foghorn customers in selecting, implementing, and tuning configuration management (CM) and continuous integration (CI) technology platforms
- Assist Foghorn customers in ensuring operational readiness for launching workloads into public, private, and hybrid cloud environments
- Work with Foghorn customers to validate and troubleshoot existing CI and CM practices, and make recommendations for improvements and optimization
- Work with Foghorn customers to validate existing infrastructure performance, and make and recommendations for improvements and optimization
- Implement infrastructure best practices for Foghorn customers in areas such as CI, CM, performance, scalability, security, and availability
- 5+ years of experience managing large scale, production Linux environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Keen focus on customer service and an understanding that technology solutions must provide business value
- 5+ years of experience with common application stacks (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Rails, NodeJS, PHP)
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management and continuous integration tools and concepts (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, Travis CI, Hudson)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database and related technologies (e.g. MySQL, Redis, Memcached, MongoDB)
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, VPC, AWS CLI)
- Experience with networking and security concepts and technologies in a production environment, preferably production AWS environment
- Experience with log collection tools and analysis, as well as infrastructure performance monitoring tools and optimization practices
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
APPLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
OF THE CLOUD.